Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Web 2.0 vs. Web 1.0


Pre web vs. Web 1.0 vs. Web 2.0

So my sweet and cool leather jacket got caught on a door last winter. While this may seem inconsequential to you, it made me kind of salty. Also there was a tiny circle-ly area in my back that kept getting cold.
I want this fissure repaired quickly and effectively. After I got done googling different iterations of "leather repair kit" or "leather jacket repair I was taken to amazon.com where the first result was this leather repair kit.
I was almost ready to buy, but then I saw the reviews.
I then looked at the "Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought" section of the page and saw that this product has a much better rating.
So it got me to thinking:
How would this catastrophic event have been handled differently in the two previous "Eras" (for lack of a better term) compared to how this played out today?
- The Pre-Iternet Era?- Web 1.0 Era?

I fixed the hole and it worked out well for me. The jacket looks good. However, I never posted a review of the product. Am I a bad person for that?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

wiggidy wack

Skydive said...

no, you just dont post a review just go back and post one!

Alex said...

Well, in the pre-internet era you could have tried to fix it yourself and looked up how in a book. Or you could have gone to a store, tailor, or someone to fix your jacket for you. And no you don't have to leave a review on the website, it's not necessary.

Anonymous said...

It doesnt matter as long as other people review it also


Angel

LaTeefa said...

haha oh wow. that was pretty smart to look on the internet because knowing me, i would have just tried to...stitch it together my self ruining the jacket in time.

vicples said...

The internet lends another helping hand. The internet can be very helpfull with things such as product reviews which can give a more personal view of a product. If you feel your review could help some one in there decision, to buy or not ,or just give offer another opinion then why not post a review.

Leather Jacket said...

Really good information for leather repair tool kit, very nice experience for repair leather jacket.....

Jennifer said...

Your blog is very helpful thanks for sharing. Joe Biden Jacket